Cupertino, CaliforniaApple today released the new iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, which are made of strong and lightweight aircraft-grade titanium, bringing Apple’s lightest Pro models ever. This new design also features curved edges and a customizable operation button for users to customize their iPhone experience. Powerful camera upgrades bring the ultimate image quality equivalent to 7 Pro-level lenses, including a more advanced 48-megapixel main camera that supports a new 24-megapixel ultra-high default resolution; a new generation of portrait functions brings focus and depth of field controls; improvements to Night Mode and Smart HDR; and a new 5x telephoto camera exclusive to iPhone 15 Pro Max. A17 Pro unleashes a new generation of gaming experiences and professional-grade performance. The new USB-C port is strongly supported by USB 3 speed. Compared with USB 2, the transfer speed can be increased by as much as 20 times. With the new video format, it can easily realize high-intensity professional-level workflow that was previously unimaginable.
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will be launched in 4 new stunning colors, including black titanium, white titanium, blue titanium and original color titanium. Pre-orders will open on September 15th (Friday) and will be officially released on September 22nd (Friday).
“This is the most advanced Pro lineup we’ve ever built, featuring the industry’s most advanced titanium design, the best iPhone camera system ever to bring disruptive new workflows, and the A17 Pro chip opening up unprecedented levels of iPhone performance and gaming. “This is a new chapter,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max represent the highest level of Apple’s ability to enrich users’ daily experiences and unleash creativity through design and industry-leading technology.”
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will be launched in 4 new stunning colors: black titanium, white titanium, blue titanium and original color titanium.
Lightweight yet durable, stunning design
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are available in 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch display sizes2, using a sturdy yet lightweight titanium design, a first for iPhone. This premium alloy, commonly used in spacecraft, has the best strength-to-weight ratio among metals, resulting in Apple’s lightest Pro lineup ever. Both models feature new exquisite brushed textures, curved edges and the narrowest bezels in iPhone history. Built to last, the Pro Series combines the strength of titanium with the strongest glass back available on iPhone and an industry-leading Ceramic Front panel. The titanium layer is wrapped inside a new secondary structure made of 100% recycled aluminum. After a new thermomechanical process, the two metals are bonded together through ultra-high pressure of solid-state diffusion. The aluminum metal frame helps dissipate heat and also makes the glass back panel easier to replace. This new design adds another highlight to the Super Retina XDR display with all-weather display capabilities and supports ProMotion technology, bringing an extraordinary visual experience.
The premium titanium used in iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max has the best strength-to-weight ratio among metals, resulting in Apple’s lightest Pro lineup ever.
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max feature the narrowest bezels ever in an iPhone, a super ceramic panel and a new curved edge design.
The newly launched operation button replaces the single-function switch originally used to switch ringtone/silent status, bringing additional options: users can choose to quickly open the camera or flashlight, launch voice memo, focus mode, and translation app3and auxiliary functions such as amplifiers, or use shortcut commands for more options. “Press and hold” gestures, subtle tactile feedback, and visual cues in active islands ensure that new buttons initiate actions as intended by the user.
By default, a new action button can be used to toggle ringer/silent mode, but users can also choose from a set of practical actions to enjoy increased convenience and flexibility.
A17 Pro: The next generation of Apple chips for iPhone
Packing Pro-level performance and powerful features, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are powered by the A17 Pro, which uses the industry’s most advanced 3nm chip. A17 Pro continues Apple’s advanced advantages in the field of mobile phone smart chips and has comprehensively improved the entire chip, including the largest redesign of the graphics processor in Apple’s history. Through microarchitecture and design improvements, the new central processor achieves up to 10% speed increase, and the neural network engine speed is also increased by up to 2 times, providing support for features such as auto-correction and personal voice in iOS 17 . The professional-grade graphics processor is up to 20% faster than before, bringing a brand new experience. It adopts a new 6-core design to enhance peak performance and energy efficiency. Now, relying on hardware-accelerated ray tracing technology that is 4 times faster than software-driven ray tracing technology, iPhone 15 Pro delivers smoother graphics and a more immersive augmented reality application and gaming experience.With console games such as “Resident Evil: Village”, “Resident Evil 4”, “Death Stranding” and “Assassin’s Creed: Vision” coming to iPhone for the first time, iPhone 15 Pro puts a lifelike gaming experience into the hands of users4.
The A17 Pro chip is equipped with a dedicated AV1 decoder to support a more efficient high-quality streaming video experience. In addition, the newly launched USB controller brings USB 3 level speed to iPhone for the first time. iPhone now supports higher transfer speeds and can output HDR video at up to 4K 60 fps quality.
The new 6-core graphics processor on the A17 Pro chip opens up new possibilities for iPhone, providing a new generation of mobile gaming experience, bringing users high-speed, high-performance performance and hardware-accelerated ray tracing.
Powerful pro-level camera system gives creators more control
Through a high degree of integration of software and hardware, the advanced camera systems on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have the equivalent of seven professional-grade lenses, all relying on the extraordinary performance of A17 Pro. With the support of computational photography technology, the 48-megapixel main camera specially built for the Pro series brings additional flexibility to users. With the new 24-megapixel ultra-high default resolution, users will get excellent image quality in a practical file size suitable for saving and sharing. When using the main camera, users can switch between three commonly used focal lengths: 24mm, 28mm and 35mm, and even choose one as the new default focal length. In addition to 48-megapixel ProRAW, the main camera also supports 48-megapixel HEIF images, bringing a 4x resolution increase. The iPhone 15 Pro is equipped with a wide 3x telephoto camera, while the iPhone 15 Pro Max offers a 5x zoom with a focal length of 120 mm, the longest optical zoom distance in an iPhone to date. The new telephoto lens on iPhone 15 Pro uses a groundbreaking quadruple reflective prism design, combined with Apple’s most advanced anti-shake system to date, including optical image stabilization technology and an autofocus 3D sensor shift module, which is extremely suitable for shooting close-ups and wildlife and capturing action from a distance.
Apple’s most advanced professional-grade camera system yet gives users new powerful capabilities, including the equivalent of seven camera lenses, including 5x zoom with a 120mm focal length on iPhone 15 Pro Max.
The next generation of portrait features on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max brings clearer and sharper details, more vivid colors, and new low-light photography performance to new heights. For the first time, users can take portrait photos without switching to portrait mode. When there are people, cats or dogs in the viewfinder, or when you tap the screen to focus, iPhone automatically captures depth information, which you can later turn into stunning images in the Photos app on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. portrait photos. Users can also take a photo first and then adjust the focus, giving them greater creative control.
- American iguana captured in 48-megapixel HEIF format using iPhone 15 Pro.
- The woman in red was shot using the 48-megapixel main camera on the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Woman holding a fan, shot in portrait mode using iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- People captured in night portrait mode using iPhone 15 Pro.
- Swimmers in the pool, captured using the new 5x telephoto camera on iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Black and white people, shot using the 5x telephoto camera on iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Outdoor people, shot using the new Smart HDR on iPhone 15 Pro Max at default 24 million pixels.
- People and their reflections are captured using the 48-megapixel main camera on the iPhone 15 Pro with a new 24-megapixel ultra-high default resolution.
In addition to 48-megapixel ProRAW, users can now shoot in 48-megapixel HEIF format, with resolution up to 4 times higher than before.
Additional features that benefit all cameras on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max include:
- With the support of the light imaging engine, the night mode has been improved, with clearer details and brighter colors, including night mode portrait photography achieved through the lidar scanner.
- New Smart HDR captures subjects and their backgrounds more realistically with skin tones, while ensuring the images you see in the Photos app have brighter highlights, richer mid-tones and deeper shadows. This advanced HDR rendering also works with third-party apps, making images shared online even better.
- Thanks to the A17 Pro, the iPhone’s leading-quality video shooting features have been upgraded, with improved low-light photography and sports modes.
New professional-grade workflows perfect the iPhone that creators and filmmakers love. Users can now choose a USB 3 cable to enjoy up to 20 times faster transfer speeds. Third-party solution providers like iPhone and Capture One help photographers create professional studio-grade processes that allow them to transfer 48-megapixel ProRAW images from iPhone to Mac immediately after shooting. ProRes video can be recorded directly to external storage devices, supporting recording options up to 4K 60 fps and providing greater flexibility on set using an iPhone as the primary camera device. iPhone 15 Pro also introduces a new option for Log mode encoding, becoming the first iPhone ever to support the Academy Color Encoding System (ACES), a global standard for color workflow.
- A photographer uses an iPhone 15 Pro in a studio environment.
- A video shooter is using iPhone 15 Pro to record ProRes video.
The Pro Series makes it easy for photographers and filmmakers to achieve previously unimaginable, high-intensity workflows. Now with Capture One, users can transfer 48-megapixel ProRAW images directly to their Mac as soon as they finish shooting with their iPhone.
Later this year, iPhone 15 Pro will add a new dimension to recording video with spatial video that complies with the Apple Vision Pro standard. Users will be able to capture moments in three dimensions and relive those memories with stunning three-dimensional dimensions when Apple Vision Pro launches in the United States early next year.
Wireless performance and connectivity reach new heights
The iPhone 15 series products bring convenient new features for charging and staying connected while traveling. Both models switch to USB-C ports, the industry-wide standard for charging and data transfer, meaning the same cable can now power iPhones, Macs, iPads, and the updated AirPods Pro (2nd generation) Charge. Users can also charge AirPods or Apple Watch directly using an iPhone equipped with a USB-C port. iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max support USB 3, which can achieve data transfer speeds of up to 10 GB/second, which is up to 20 times faster than before.
When using a USB 3 cable, iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max can achieve incredibly high-speed transfers.
Both models are equipped with second-generation ultra-wideband chips. When two iPhone devices have this chip, a connection can be established at a distance three times greater than before.
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max now support Wi-Fi 6E for better wireless performance, including up to 2x faster speeds. In addition, the first iPhone supporting the Thread standard was launched, leaving space for the integration of home apps.
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max support 5G ultra-fast speeds6also has the following characteristics:
- Supports MagSafe and future Qi2 wireless charging.
- Improve the audio quality of mobile phone calls, including FaceTime calls or calls on third-party apps. When users select voice highlighting mode, the sound quality can be further improved, making calls clearer and louder, allowing users to communicate without hindrance even in noisy environments.
Powered by iOS 17
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are powered by iOS 1711launching many new features to make iPhone more personalized and intuitive to operate:
- phone appA major update is coming: Passedbusiness card posterusers can customize how they appear on their contacts’ phones
- Information appLaunched a new sticker experience, more powerful search functions, and audio information transliteration functions.
- useBusiness card deliveryfunction, users only need to bring two iPhones close to each other to share contact information using AirDrop, making it even more convenient. The same goes for AirDroping content and other data.Users will be able to move away from each other during AirDrop, and large files will be transferred over the network12.
- standby displayThe function provides users with a customizable full-screen experience, allowing users to understand information at a glance from a certain distance when the iPhone is placed sideways for charging. Powered by the all-day display feature of iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, the standby display always displays useful information for users, making it perfect for placement on a desk, bedside table, or kitchen counter.
- Use the Home screen, lock screen, or standby displayInteractive widgetusers can perform operations with just one tap, easily complete to-do items, or play and pause songs through widgets.
- Safari browserEnhanced protection for private browsing and introduced user scenes feature to help users group browsing by topic, such as “work” and “personal”.
In addition, iOS 17 also brings many updates: the upcoming Notes app13It can help iPhone users think about life and express gratitude through journaling; improvements in auto-correction and dictation make text input faster and more convenient than ever before; users can also share passwords and pass keys through iCloud Keychain , plus many more features.
- iOS 17 on iPhone 15 Pro brings a new “business card poster” experience.
- iOS 17 on iPhone 15 Pro brings a new live sticker experience.
- Share contacts on iPhone 15 Pro through the business card delivery feature in iOS 17.
The business card poster function of iOS 17 brings users a new way to express themselves, giving the incoming call interface a completely new look.
more environmentally friendly
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are designed with the environment in mind. As Apple continues to advance the process of “making all products carbon neutral from design to production to user use by 2030,” we are prioritizing the use of clean electricity in every aspect of the entire supply chain and also in product design. Insist on using recycled and other low-carbon materials. iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max now feature more recycled content, including 100% recycled aluminum metal secondary structures and 100% recycled cobalt in the battery, both firsts for Apple. In addition, all magnets in iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max use 100% recycled rare earth elements, and the USB-C port and the gold plating and tin solder of multiple printed circuit boards use 100% recycled gold. Both models meet Apple’s strict energy efficiency standards and are free of mercury, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and beryllium. More than 99% of packaging materials are fiber-based, bringing Apple closer to its goal of completely removing plastic from packaging by the end of 2025.
To further reduce its environmental impact on the planet, Apple will not use leather in any new Apple products, including iPhone accessories. Apple will launch a new MagSafe woven twill protective case and MagSafe woven twill card holder, which are made of twill fabric that is both strong and wear-resistant, yet delicate and elegant, with a soft suede-like feel. The production of the fabric used uses 68% post-consumer recycled content, with significantly lower carbon emissions than leather.
Finely woven twill accessories for the new iPhone are made from luxurious yet durable twill. The production of this finely woven fabric uses 68% post-consumer recycled materials, and its carbon emissions are significantly lower than leather.
Price and availability
- iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will be available in black titanium, white titanium, blue titanium and raw titanium. The starting price of iPhone 15 Pro remains unchanged atRMB 7,999or monthlyRMB 333, available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage capacities. iPhone 15 Pro Max starts atRMB 9,999or monthlyRMB 417available in 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage capacities.
- Apple provides value-for-money discounts to help users upgrade to the latest iPhone. Users can use iPhone 11 or later versions to exchange for iPhone 15 Pro or iPhone 15 Pro Max. Please go to the Apple Online Store or any Apple Store retail store to apply. For an estimated trade-in amount on a user’s existing equipment and the terms and conditions of the trade-in offer, please see .
- Users in more than 40 countries and regions including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States will be able to pre-order iPhone 15 starting at 8 pm Beijing time on September 15 (Friday) Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, both models will be officially released on September 22 (Friday).
- iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max will be officially launched on September 29 (Friday) in Macau, Malaysia, Turkey, Vietnam and 17 other countries and regions.
- The MagSafe fine twill card holder and MagSafe fine twill protective case for the iPhone 15 series are priced atRMB 479, available in five new colors: black, light brown, mulberry, ocean blue, and holly.The clear protective case for iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max is priced atRMB 399in addition, there is a MagSafe silicone protective case, which is also priced atRMB 399available in black, storm blue, terracotta, hot pink, guava, orange sorbet, cypress green and cool blue.
- iOS 17 will be released as a free software update on Tuesday, September 19th.
- Starting September 18, iCloud+ will launch two new plans: monthlyRMB 1986TB plan and monthlyRMB398The 12TB plan provides users with additional space to save files, photos, and videos, and makes sharing safer, more accessible, and easier. These new plans are great for users with large photo and video libraries and come with advanced features like Private Relay, hidden email addresses, custom email domains, and HomeKit security video recording support.