Cupertino, California Apple today announced Apple Watch Ultra 2, bringing new features to Apple’s toughest and most powerful smartwatch while achieving a significant environmental milestone. Apple Watch Ultra 2 has all the features that users love about Ultra watches, plus the powerful new S9 SiP chip, support for a wonderful new experience “double-tap” gesture, and Apple’s brightest display yet. Expanded altitude range, support for on-device processing of Siri requests, precise search for iPhone, and advanced features for wading adventures. Apple Watch Ultra 2 runs watchOS 10, featuring redesigned apps, new smart stacking features, a new riding experience, features to help users explore the outdoors, and a new watch face Ultra module. With these new improvements, Apple Watch Ultra 2 still has a battery life of up to 36 hours under regular use and up to 72 hours in low-power mode.
For the first time, customers can purchase a carbon-neutral model in every Apple Watch, marking a significant step toward Apple’s 2030 goal of becoming completely carbon neutral across its entire operations, manufacturing supply chain, and product lifecycle by the end of 2030. milestone.
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is available for order today and will be officially released on September 22 (Friday).
Apple Watch 2 supports a wider altitude range and the ability to handle Siri requests on the device. The features of watchOS 10 bring a new riding experience and help users explore the outdoor world.
“This year, our most rugged, powerful Apple Watch gets even better,” said Jeff Williams, Apple’s chief operating officer. “Apple Watch Ultra 2 is our most advanced Apple Watch yet, with many performance and feature upgrades. It Featuring the largest and brightest display of any Apple Watch, the longest battery life, and the most powerful GPS capabilities, all wrapped into a stunning design.”
Powerful new S9 SiP chip
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is powered by Apple’s new customized S9 SiP chip. Apple’s most powerful watch chip yet brings system-wide improvements and new features, including a new gesture, double-tap, and on-device processing of Siri requests to access and record health data while ensuring security and privacy. Apple Watch Ultra 2 is also equipped with a new 4-core neural network engine, which can process machine learning tasks twice as fast as the original Apple Watch Ultra.
Double-tap gesture with two fingers
Apple Watch is easy and intuitive to use, thanks to innovative features like the Digital Crown and Touch Engine, as well as gestures like tap, swipe, raise your wrist, and cover the watch to mute. Now, users can easily control Apple Watch Ultra 2 without touching the display through a new two-finger double-tap gesture. Users only need to tap their index finger and thumb twice in succession to quickly and easily perform many common operations on Apple Watch Ultra 2 using the hand wearing the watch. Double-tap each other with two fingers to activate smart stacking on the watch face, and double-tap each other with two fingers again to scroll through stacked widgets.
With just two consecutive taps with the index finger and thumb of the hand wearing the watch, users can perform many of the most commonly used operations on Apple Watch Ultra 2.
Double-tapping with two fingers can control the main buttons in an app, which can be used to stop timers, play and pause music, or set an alarm to remind you later. This gesture can be used to answer or hang up a phone call, take photos with the Apple Watch’s remote camera, and switch to the Compass app’s new climb altitude view to view relative altitude changes to saved waypoints.
The faster neural engine in Apple Watch Ultra 2 uses new machine learning algorithms to process data from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and optical heart rate sensor to enable the new two-finger double-tap gesture. The algorithm detects the signature signature of slight movements of the wrist, as well as changes in blood flow produced when the palm and fingers perform a double-tap operation. The two-finger double-tap gesture will be launched next month with a software update.
Double-tap with two fingers to control the app’s main buttons, which can be used to play and pause music, answer calls, or stop timers.
The new advanced display architecture allows the maximum brightness of Apple Watch Ultra 2 to climb to 3,000 nits, making it the brightest display Apple has ever designed. It is up to 50% brighter than the first-generation Apple Watch Ultra, further improving the screen’s performance in strong sunlight. of clarity. In dark rooms or in the early hours of the morning, the display can also reduce brightness to 1 nit to avoid disturbing those around you. The flash function also benefits from the new display architecture: turning the Digital Crown temporarily doubles the brightness for better lighting.
The new advanced display architecture allows Apple Watch Ultra 2’s maximum brightness to climb to 3,000 nits, further improving the screen’s clarity under strong sunlight.
Ultra module dial
The new watch face Ultra module designed specifically for Apple Watch Ultra uses the outermost edge of the large display to present real-time data, including seconds, altitude or water depth. This watch face also offers the largest number of complications of any Apple digital watch face and can be customized for sports, outdoor adventures, and ocean and water sports.
- The new Ultra module watch face on Apple Watch Ultra 2.
- New Ultra module watch face on Apple Watch Ultra 2 (Night Mode).
The new dial Ultra module uses the outermost edge of the large display to present real-time data such as altitude, depth or seconds.
Withstand extreme tests
Designed for extreme environments, Apple Watch Ultra 2 has been tested at the largest altitude range of any Apple product—enabled to help users explore deep canyons 500 meters below sea level and up to the roof of the world at 9,000 meters above sea level.
Recreational Scuba Diving vs Freediving
Apple Watch Ultra is designed for water sports, including extreme sports such as kite surfing and wakeboarding, and supports recreational scuba diving up to 40 meters with the updated Oceanic+ app from Huish Outdoors, and now also supports free diving.1.
The built-in Water Depth app can now save records of each dive. Users can use Apple Watch Ultra to browse the most recent records, or browse the complete history of all dives, including GPS entry point information, in the Fitness app on iPhone.
The built-in water depth app can now save the records of each dive, allowing users to browse the most recent records with Apple Watch Ultra.
When using the Oceanic+ app for free diving, users can see key data such as water depth and accumulated time, and get target depth reminders. All information is presented in eye-catching large fonts, making it clear at a glance. After diving, the heart rate zone information helps users monitor and reduce their heart rate. The surface dwell time and total diving time provide guidance for users during each training process. A detailed dive log provides complete records including dive and ascent speeds.
When using the Oceanic+ app for free diving, users can see key data such as water depth and accumulated time, and get target depth reminders. All information is presented in eye-catching large fonts, making it clear at a glance.
On-device processing of Siri requests to access and record health data
Siri can now handle specific Siri commands on-device, a first for Apple Watch. For requests that don’t require information from the Internet, such as starting a workout or setting a timer, Siri will no longer rely on Wi-Fi or cellular networks, resulting in faster, more reliable responses. The powerful neural network engine also improves dictation accuracy by up to 25%.
On-device processing is more private and secure, and Siri can now access Health app data to handle health and fitness queries. For example, users can ask themselves how many hours they slept last night, how they completed the activity circle that day, start outdoor jogging or cycling physical training, or make requests such as setting compass waypoints, all of which can be completed through voice. You don’t even need an internet connection.Users can also use Apple Watch Ultra 2 to ask Siri to record health data such as weight, body temperature, menstrual period, medication status, etc.2.
Using Apple Watch to find your iPhone is a feature that users love. The S9 SiP is now equipped with a second-generation ultra-wideband chip, which supports accurate searches for the iPhone 15 series products that are also equipped with the chip. Pinpoint Finder provides distance and direction information, as well as visual, tactile and audio guidance, to help users find their iPhone even if it’s in another room – or if you can’t remember where you put your iPhone after a dive.
S9 SiP is equipped with a second-generation ultra-wideband chip that supports precise search, providing distance and direction information, as well as visual, tactile and audio guidance to help users find their iPhone.
Running watchOS 10
Apple Watch Ultra 2 runs watchOS 10, and this landmark update includes the following features:
- Redesigned app Brings new ways to browse information quickly;Smart stackingPresent relevant widgets when the user needs them.
- In addition to the new dial Ultra module, 4 more models are addedVivid new watch faces: Snoopy, color palette, sun pointer and Nike globe.
- Night modeNow you can use the ambient light sensor to automatically activate in dark places.
- supportBluetooth connectionPower meter, speed sensor and cadence sensor, unlocked for cycling enthusiastsNew metrics and conditioning viewsand cycling physical training.Power rangeHelp users get the most benefit from training.
- Cycling fitness trainingcan automaticallyreal time activityForms appear on the iPhone screen, allowing you to use the entire screen to present information with a tap.
- Updated compass app It can display the current altitude in real time and provide a 3D view, showing relative altitude changes through waypoints.
- map app middleNew terrain mapIt displays important details such as points of interest and trailheads, and provides useful information such as relief shading, contour lines, altitude, cellular network and SOS emergency contact waypoints.
- mindfulness app middlemental state recordOffering more features to support mental health.
- useambient light sensorMeasurementtime under sunshineto help reduce the risk of myopia.
- The Compass app displayed on Apple Watch Ultra 2.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 displays a cyclist’s fitness training statistics.
The updated compass app displays current altitude in real time and provides a 3D view showing relative altitude changes through waypoints.
Carbon neutral watch
Some case and band combinations for Apple Watch Ultra 2, Apple Watch SE, and the new Apple Watch Series 9 are the first carbon-neutral products in Apple’s history. Apple Watch’s carbon footprint has been significantly reduced to meet Apple’s 2030 goals. Emissions from the three largest sources of greenhouse gases, materials, electricity and transport, have all been reduced. The remaining small emissions can be offset through high-quality, carbon credit projects from natural solutions.Apple Watch Ultra 2 with Alpine Loop or Trail Loop is made from 95% recycled titanium, while the original Apple Watch Ultra did not use recycled titanium3. Apple Watch Ultra 2 will have a new logo on its packaging, signifying that the product is carbon neutral.
- A green flower symbol in front of the words “Carbon Neutral”.
- A close-up of the connection between the Apple Watch Ultra 2 case and band.
Some of the Apple Watch Ultra 2 case and band combinations are the first carbon-neutral products in Apple’s history.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 has a 49 mm case size and is carbon neutral when paired with the new Trail Loop or Alpine Loop bands.
- Alpine loop straps (blue, indigo, olive), trail loop straps (orange with beige, green with gray, blue with black), and ocean straps (blue, orange) all have new colors. .
- The new Apple Watch Trail Loop and Alpine Loop bands are carbon neutral and contain more than 30% recycled content.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 with blue, beige, and orange trail loop strap.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 with Dark Navy Alpine Loop Band.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 with orange ocean band.
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is already carbon neutral when paired with the new Trail Loop Band (shown) or Alpine Loop Band.
Prices and applicable countries and regions
- Customers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States and more than 40 other countries and regions can order Apple Watch Ultra 2 starting today. It will be available in retail stores starting Friday, September 22 On sale.
- Apple Watch Ultra 2 is priced at RMB 6499 .
- watchOS 10 will be available on Apple Watch Series 4 and later models starting on Monday, September 18, and requires an iPhone Xs or later model running iOS 17. Some features are only available on certain devices, countries, or regions.